Thursday, April 15, 2010

BBA Challege 2: Artos (Greek Celebration Bread)

I made this bread for Easter, but haven't blogged it yet. Bad blogger. No readers for you!

It was HUGE. Seriously, gigantic. It smelled awesome, but when actually eating it it wasn't that spiced. So we have two options: 1, the bread is supposed to be mild, or 2. My spices are old. I'm leaning towards 2, based on what I've read from other people's blogs. I'll be buying replacements for some of my older spices as soon as we get out from under our lease and have some spending money. (Two months!)

I thought sure that Eric would like this bread, because it wasn't that sweet (he's not a dessert kinda guy). But he took a bite and decided it "seems like it should be sweeter". Head/kitchen table. There is no pleasing him, apparently.

Here's some pics:



2 comments:

Stacey said...

Isn't it funny how you know you're expecting a huge loaf from this and yet it is *still* surprising when you see that gigantic thing in your kitchen?!

bkam said...

this must have been real challenging as you dropped off after TWO LOAVES! i'm so disappointed.